Monday, November 15, 2010

A House for Sale in Phuket

Anyone reading this blog, or anyone who has been here to Phuket might be thinking that Phuket is pretty decent place to live, or at least a good place to have a holiday home (lucky you if you can afford 2 homes!). I agree! After many years of traveling, I came to Phuket in 1999 looking for dive instructor work. Did not take too long to start settling down. We bought a house in 2003 when our daughter was 2 years old and had decided that we would be here "a while" :)

I have already written about Buying a House in Phuket, and using the services of a real estate agent. The title of this page is "A House for Sale in Phuket".. well of course there are many houses for sale in Phuket, with prices all over the ballpark from "very affordable" to "OMFG!". I am referring in this case to a particular house which is for sale by my friend Roger, and it's a nice house, I have been there for BBQs and swam in the pool. He has the house listed with agents, but of course agents have lots of houses on their books, so I said I'd put his house for sale on my blog. I'd buy it myself if I could afford it :)

Roger's house is in the Rawai area of Phuket, about 300m from the beach on a quiet cul-de-sac (no through traffic, no traffic noise). There are several nice houses on this street, and the Rawai area in general is popular with expats. There are quite a number of bars and restaurants within 10 minutes drive that cater to foreign tastes including places like Nikitas Bar, right on the beach at Rawai, or Friendship Beach which is also right by the sea between Rawai and Chalong.

So here's the house:

Rogers House for Sale in Phuket

The total land area is 960 square meters, you have 4 en suite bedrooms (master bedroom is 33 sq m, with extra big bathroom including not only a shower, but a bath too), a large outdoor pool, big garden, carport for 2 cars, big western style kitchen, spacious outdoor terrace. I like this house!.. or "villa".. yeh, can't say house in Phuket, has to be a "villa"!

Anyone wanting a home in Phuket, either a permanent residence or for holidays, you have a huge choice. Sometimes you can't be sure what you're seeing on real estate websites, but in this case I give a personal recommendation - nice house and Roger is a nice guy. The listed price for this house/villa/home is 15,900,000 Baht. If you want to know more, do contact me and I'll put you in touch with Roger. Leave a comment below with your contact details, email me - jjjjmonk @ yahoo DOT co DOT uk or send me a message on Facebook. And if you end up living in this house, please invite me for a BBQ!

More real estate in Phuket

No comments:

Post a Comment