Sunday, September 6, 2009

Stung!

Stung

Yesterday I was doing some gardening and one of the tasks I really like is to burn coconut branches that fell down out of the trees and all kind of other wood and organic stuff that can be burned.

During the burning of all this, I keep checking the rest of the garden for anything that can be thrown in and I'm well aware of the dangers that just grabbing something can bring with it. Or so I thought.

This little bugger, a scorpion or meleng pong in the Thai language, stung me when I picked up a small piece of wood from a previous fire under which it was hiding.
At first I didn't know where the sting came from, it burned pretty hard but I couldn't see a culprit. My main concern was that it was a snake bite but than I saw our little fellow here and I was relieved.

The pain wasn't too bad, more a burning sensation and my wife put balm on it when I ran into the house, asking her how bad it was being stung by a scorpion. Once I was told that I would be survive I grabbed the camera in idle hope of catching the scorpion on film and lucky indeed, there it was, still in a defensive position. waiting to sting me some more if I wanted to.
Got these great shots in but a point was driven home by this fellar and I won't be as inattentive anymore. At least, I hope and think!
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment