Thursday, July 26, 2007

Early Morning at Chalong Temple

Chalong temple is the largest temple in Phuket and I happen to pass by almost every morning (and evening) depending what route I take to work. The early morning light makes temples shine, and the early morning means no day visitors have arrived at the temple yet. For more about the temple (which I have blogged before) - see here: Chalong Temple.

One morning last week I stopped on the way to work to enjoy the temple in the morning light. There were already a large group of Thai tourists there at 8am, but they were watching a dance routine that had been put on for them, so I got the temple grounds more or less to myself and enjoyed wandering around in the sunshine. Hope you enjoy the photos, and hope that if you visit Phuket that you remember to visit a temple - it's not just beaches, you know!

Temples in Phuket
Chalong Temple on Google Earth

Cat in the window at Chalong Temple  Chalong Temple Cat

Chalong Temple  Buddha image at Chalong Temple

Old dude at Wat Chalong

Reflection of Chalong Temple

Early morning at Chalong Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment